Sample Core Circuit 3Jan 19, 2011
Today's core circuit
Three times through the following:
- dead bug -10 reps each side
- note: dead bugs are not a beginner exercise. Much harder than they look if you're going to do them properly. I'd recommend doing planks to start with. Or follow some recommendations for working up to the whole dead bug.
- oblique bridge -15 reps each side
- hip thrusts -6 reps. This is a new exercises for me, hence the low reps. Instead of a barbell, I held a 25 lbs plate awkwardly over my hip flexors.
- diagonal plate raise - 25lbs. 10 reps each side
As you can see, once again I've incorporated some stability (dead bug), several planes of orientation (supine (supine = on your back), sideways, and prone (prone = face down)), and a rotational component (plate rotations).
Try this core circuit and let me know how it goes!
Ready to take the next step? Sign-up for my 6 week Sprint-Agility-Quickness program!
Get tips from me, in your inbox!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.